Working Girl?!

For those of you who may not know yet, I have been doing some work from home for the children's program at our church. I am considered "part-time," and have the task of developing a team of leaders to minister to the kids and families at our church. The great part of the job is the flexibility- I am able to do 90% of the work at home, with very little interruption to my time with my girls. Don't worry- I will protect my wife and mommy time to the end!! Our staff at BMCC is wonderful and they recognize that family must always come first. I am in the middle of my second week, and am enjoying it! I know that it won't always be easy or convenient, (and you might read some blogs on that!) but I appreciate the opportunity to serve the families in our church and pray that in my own household I can continue to learn what it means to be a wife and mommy first and foremost.

If you are interested, I have added links to the curriculum and model that our church would like to emulate. Of course, resources and circumstances are different, but their curriculum is presented and packaged in a way that kids can truly relate to. One more thing that I love is that they believe parents are the best and biggest influence in a kid's life. I am excited to do everything I can as a facilitator to bring parents and kids together again, allowing the parents to be the spiritual leaders that they were made to be.

1 comments:

Elaine said...

You go girl! :)