Restoration

We have finally had closure to what has been a difficult and challenging month, that is to say I had a really long, weary and painful night last night.  To experience even just a few hours of labor pain without the coming joy is indescribable.  The verse that kept running through my mind last night that gave me hope is this: "For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning."  Psalm 30:5.  While I don't think God was angry with me, the image of the sorrowful night and light coming in morning let me know that "this too shall pass..." and I do have so many reasons to be joyful- praise God for my loving and amazing husband who was willing to be up with me at 4 am to share the burden, although I know he felt helpless at times; praise God that my body was able to be restored naturally, without the need for surgery; and so much gratefulness for our two wonderful and healthy daughters- I am so thankful for every snuggle and smile and butterfly kiss that I can get!  Isaac and I even shared a laugh through the tears at the very end- thank God for humor in the midst of heartache.  Thank you to everyone for your prayers and support.  I know that we are not the only ones to experience this, and there are so many that go through so much more.  I only pray that this experience can somehow be used for God's glory.  And now, enough with the drama!  Love to you all, Amy

8 comments:

Jessica said...

Amy...I'm so thankful that you are on the other side of such an emotionally and physically painful experience. I love you.

Sarah Frongner said...

Amy, I cannot say I know your pain. But know that I am praying for you. Gary and I both. I am glad that you are okay, and that you have such a wonderful person by your side. Praise God!!

Miss you!!

Sarah

Jessica said...

Amy and Isaac, love you both. Steve

Unknown said...

I know there aren't words, but, well, you are still in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Amy and Isaac, words fail me but my soul cries out to our God. I pray that He holds you both extra closely through this tough time. Please know that you are loved, not only by Him, but by me too!

Anonymous said...

Dear Amy and Isaac. . . . I am so, so sorry for the loss of your "little ones". . . .

"Lord, please bind Amy and Isaac's hurting hearts and hold them to your side."

Love,
Mom

Elaine said...

Oh Aim, I am sorry you guys had to go through this. Your baby (or babies) are in Jesus' arms. That makes me smile.

The York Fam said...

Praying for you guys...and miss having you around Portland - see you soon.