Ephesians - Yay!

This morning I decided to read a devotional in my email that I received a couple of days ago.  It is part of a ministry that sends out monthly emails to moms and dads.  Once again God's word spoke truth into my life just when I needed it!  The article was addressing questions that I have had about raising and training my two daughters, and I thank God for bringing me face to face with the heart of the issue, my heart!  The scripture reference that spoke to me the most was Ephesians 4:31-32, ironically I chose verse 32 as our memory verse for the week.  Wow! Here I am trying to teach my girls to be tenderhearted and kind, while I am being impatient and frustrated with them.  Thank God for his continual work in our hearts.  If you would like to check out the article, go here.


One more thing.  This devotional gave me a desire to read Ephesians tonight.  Little did I know that I would come to a scripture that would stand out for so many other reasons.  For your reading pleasure, and hopefully the same encouraging strength, comfort and hope that I found...

"For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.  Now unto hin that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen."
Ephesians 3:14-21

0 comments: