A Conversation

I was driving today with my children and Gracie asked me about our friends' baby. I said she was up in heaven now. Gracie then said "maybe she will come back and be with her family." I had to reply, "No, honey. She's not coming back. She's up in heaven with Jesus now. Someday (our friends) will get to see her up there." Just then the song came on K-love that sings "dance with Jesus," so I added "you know, maybe she is dancing with Jesus right now!" to which Gracie replied, "wouldn't that be fun to dance with Jesus wearing his tu-tu!"


I love that my 3 year old's image of heaven is dancing around in a tu-tu (probably pink) with Jesus. I love that I get that same image in my own home everyday with Esther and Grace- (well, almost everyday ;)- reminding me that the work I share with my husband is such a sacred calling, reminding me to count each day as a blessing and each moment a chance to turn our daughters' hearts toward the One true and living God.

Lord please keep my heart soft and my perspective eternal.


1 comments:

Steve said...

I love Gracie's perspective! Something that seems like it would be so complicated to explain to a three year old comes down to a baby dancing with Jesus in heaven. It's so hard to focus on the joy loved ones must be experiencing spending eternity with Jesus instead of focusing on how much they're missed on Earth. I echo your prayer, Amy. Love, Jess