I Heart the Zoo

A little while back I met my sister at the Oregon Zoo with all of the children in tow (sans one- Jared was in Sacramento, lucky duck!) I had a blast, and I think the kids did too. We had great weather and all of the animals were out enjoying it as well.


Sea otters... they were so playful kicking off of the glass and doing flips right in front of us.


Bathroom break (again,) each bathroom break took a while! 7 kids under the age of 8 =)



I thought this was funny. They look so relaxed... maybe they would like to push my stroller up the hills?




These guys did great! Jud was so animated for some of the animals. I thought Paisley would go crazy like she does over babies but she was pretty quiet the whole day.


And now we are beginning to feel the long day... Gracie has tired eyes and she fell asleep in the car almost instantly on the way home.


We ended our day at the zoo by having to walk up the looongest hill!


We saw the walruses up above sunbathing; why did I walk down below only to walk back up yet another hill? It was totally worth it, the littles had a final burst of energy here. I love to see them enjoying each other.
We all had a great day. I am so glad that we decided to go. When I checked the forecast monday night it said rain and showers- 90% chance of precipitation all day! The girls and I prayed that night for good weather, and then we found out so did Jesse! So thankful for the Lord's answer! And thanks for meeting us there Kuykendalls- We love you!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Looks like such a fun time!

Elaine said...

I had a great time too. Probably one of my most enjoyable zoo experiences! We should do it again...of course, I feel like I can barely walk right not. Ha.:)

Anonymous said...

Amy, thank you sooooo much for keeping up your blog, so we can keep "up-to-date" with your family. I left a comment below under the "sea picture" with an e-mail so we can write you guys again :-) Love, Jojo