News

For those who may or may not know, Isaac and I were expecting a new addition to the family.  Today however, we were told that we are experiencing a miscarriage.  On the ultrasound picture, there is an enlarged uterus and 2 "yolk sacs," but no babies. While there is no way that I am able to communicate the multitude of feelings we are experiencing right now, I can tell you that God's Holy Word can speak when we are not able, and it speaks power and comfort directly into our lives.  The Psalms came alive to me today, and while I am not running for my life in the wilderness nor a king, it was truly a living comfort.


"From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I."  Psalm 61:2

"My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him.  He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defense; I shall not be moved.  In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength and my refuge, is in God.  Trust him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us." Psalm 62:5-8

"Praise ye the Lord: for it is good it is to sing praises unto our God, for it is pleasant; and praise is comely. ...He telleth the number of stars; he calleth them all by their names.  Great is our Lord and of great power: his understanding is infinite."  Psalm 147:1, 4-5

To God be the glory.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Isaac and Amy...I wish I knew what to say. I love you both with all of my heart and wish I could be there to do something to ease the hurt. Know that we are praying for you...that you will continue to take the comfort God is giving to you. Jessica

Anonymous said...

Amy and Ike, I'm so sorry. We love you guys a ton and am sad to see you in pain. We're also praying for you.

Unknown said...

Amy, I am sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing your heart, hurt and His peace. You and your family are in my prayers.