Grace Ann

On Friday, April 3rd, Grace had a birthday!  She is now 2 years old.  I can hardly believe that my baby is growing up, but everyday I see a girl who never ceases to amaze me!  You may not notice at first glance, but her mind is always working, soaking in what she can.  She has always loved to climb, yet she is a little clumsy.  We often joke about the irony of her name Grace whenever she takes a little tumble!  I do believe that her name fits her, not for her physical abilities so much as for her loving, tender heart.  From an early age she has been a nurturer, loving anything she could shove in the crook of her arm and pat calling "bebee."  She loves to snuggle and give kisses, and she loooves her papa- in church on sunday she kept hugging him and giggling, she was so happy to be in his arms.  

Anyone who has had the chance to really get to know her can't help but smile and love her.  She has a natural way of being delightful.  It is not an attempt to get or keep your attention, it is an effortless way of being that causes people to watch her.  She has a big imagination and loves to follow her big sister.  My girls are amazing.  I just pray that God can grant Isaac and I the wisdom to raise them well, and I pray that as they grow He can capture their little hearts.  God knew what he was talking about when he said this:

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb is His reward." 
Psalm 127:3

We took the girls to the park on friday.  Of course we had a blast!  Until a really large girl pushed Esther down the curly slide and caused her to bump her head a couple of times on the way down.  Let's just say I wasn't too happy... but I think I behaved well.  Later I had to chuckle.  I walked away from the park thinking, "some people's kids!" and had completely forgotten that mine were not perfect!  Despite the bumps and bruises, we all enjoyed Gracie's birthday.  Esther kept saying, "I like Gracie's birthday!"  I am glad to see her enjoy making her sister happy, and of course there was cake.




3 comments:

Grandpa Freeman said...

Nicely written dear Amy. I love my grandgirls and their folks more than I could have imagined a few short years ago.

The York Fam said...

Can't believe it's been two years...crazy...better watch that girl...she's got that mischievous look!!!

Unknown said...

Wow the girls are getting so old, they were so little when you left and now they are preschoolers. Martin and I miss all of you but are happy to know your were the Lord wants you.