For the Love of a Mother...

As most of you may know, my mom has been in a battle against Multiple Myeloma. Recently she underwent an autologous stem cell transplant at OHSU. Our first visit to Portland was at the end of August, before the transplant. We enjoyed visiting with Grandma and Grandpa at the RV and I am glad that we were able to all be together.

Our latest visit was just last week. This picture was taken from the waiting room at OHSU where the girls and I stayed while Isaac and Aunt Elaine went in to visit mom. Because of a suppressed immune system and a concern for germ transmission, children and anyone with cold symptoms could not go onto the unit.

We were able to visit for a bit when mom came out to the double doors- we just spoke over the door jamb! This was my first time seeing her so changed- physically. I know all of that will resolve in time. I also know we serve a God who is bigger than anything we could imagine- and no matter what we walk through he is present and he is unchanged. What has struck me more than anything is realizing how precious our time together is, and how strong this woman truly is.

I cannot imagine the strength and resolve my mom has needed to walk through this. I am touched by her positive attitude through it all. She never lost her hope. In fact, I am willing to bet that her hope is stronger and faith more sure.

We love you, Grandma; Mom.



0 comments: