Wild Frontier, Wild "Now"

Here are a few pic's of the Ghost Frontier Town we visited in Manitou Springs. This was such a great place! All of the kids had a blast exploring all of the exhibits and playing "frontier."

When Gracie saw this carriage, she made a big gasp and said "a princess carriage!"


Panning for gold... a lot of experience gained in this department!


Making silly faces... again lots of experience gained...


Gracie has the reins,


so glad dentistry has advanced.


out for a ride together! I would go back to this museum in a heart beat. Everything was so well displayed, I enjoyed reading about the ways of life back then. Standing there reading descriptions of laundry machines and methods of cooking made me so thankful for modern conveniences, although even now I find silly things to grumble about. The latest Rod and Staff newsletter put it well in the article "What Is New?" based on the book of Ecclesiastes.

"...Further, consider human behavior. Has it changed a lot since Adam? Although technology makes life today seem drastically different from just fifty years ago, people's attitudes and characters have really not changed. The housewife who got tired of heating water to do her laundry in 1950 has her counterpart in the housewife who complains about her automatic washer working too slowly."

HA! before I lose you and you and you write off this article as too harsh, let me share that the main point was not to discourage you from daily chores but to encourage a "new perspective of life." That is the life of those who seek God, the unchanging God in whom the one true newness is found- "new birth, all things become new (2 Corinthians 5:17.)"

Soo, whether I lived in the days of the wild frontier or the days of the wild "now," I will choose to be thankful, choose not to grumble and do my best to love the NEW life I have been given in Christ.

0 comments: